RSS

Recent Posts

Luxury Home Sales Improve in 2013
Federal Government Is Tapering off Stimulus Package for The Housing Industry
Frisco Named Best Mid-Sized City in Country to Move to!
Recovery to Continue in 2014, Says NAR; Rates and Home Prices Predicted to Rise
Existing Home Sales Rise as Median Sales Prices Increase

Categories

Buying
City Information
Ebby Halliday
Financing
Housing Trends
Luxury Homes
Mortgage Trends
Selling
powered by

My Blog

Where is the Texas Real Estate Market Headed?

The Texas real estate market continues to show marked improvements over last year, according to the 2012-Q2 edition of the Texas Quarterly Housing Report released August 1st. Here are some highlights from the report:

• The median sales price of Texas homes in the second quarter of 2012 was $161,400, which is 7.45% more than 2011-Q2.
  • The average sales price had a similar jump, up 7.13% from second quarter 2011, to $213,674.
  • In addition to statewide improvements in sales volume and price, the “months inventory” figure improved. Indicating the balance between supply and demand, the Texas market featured 5.9 months of inventory in 2012-Q2, which is 2.2 months less than 2011-Q2. The Real Estate Center cites 6.5 months of inventory as a market in which demand is balanced with supply.
  • In the second quarter of 2012, 67,334 single-family homes were sold in Texas, 13.04% more than the second quarter of 2011.

“Texas has been leading the economic recovery and these results are more proof that our state is one of the nation’s best places to own a home," said Chairman Joe Stewart. "Now, we must protect the high quality of life that fueled that recovery and work on absorbing the growth of our state. That is the focus of the Texas Association of REALTORS® as we once again begin preparing to advocate for Texas homeowners during the 83rd session of the Texas Legislature in 2013.”

Good news just keeps coming!

16 Comments to Where is the Texas Real Estate Market Headed?:

Comments RSS
trading coach on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:43 AM
Have a nice read dude. I'm really pleased to know that Texas real estate market continues to show marked improvements. I hope they will able to continue their work as well. thanks

rolex replica on Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:28 AM
Thanks for your nice articles. I like it very much.

Sherry Renfroe on Friday, December 28, 2012 10:48 AM
Thanks Coach! I hope so too and I'm watching the data closely!

SEO Cheshire on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:06 AM
Thanks for sharing this informative post about Texas Real Estate Market Headed. This is an amazing blog post. Keep updating blogs.

Sell Property Fast London on Monday, January 21, 2013 1:19 AM
It was great to come across the details about Texas real estate market. Keep updating in future. Thank You.

Daisy Suites on Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:24 AM
Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks dude

office space to rent in Manchester on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 7:44 AM
Today Texas has become one of the best places to live in simply because of several factors such as high employment rates, high quality education and healthcare services offered and also the rates of property are lesser.Thanks for the post..

Furnished rentall Properties on Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:27 AM
Because of posts like real estate market I surf the internet and when I found you, the time I felt I was wasting, just turned my thoughts around and now I am thinking I invested my time in something really interesting.

villa turkey on Friday, December 20, 2013 11:41 PM
I'm happy that I found your blog while searching the internet for ideas and good content on Where is the Texas Real Estate Market Headed. It's very informative and the quality of your posts is excellent.

vipin on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:24 AM
This is a real scoop for everybody. This is an interesting blog page. I do hope you could do some more post. Good job!

Free Stock Tips on Mobile on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:21 AM
This market is very risky market. please carefully invest in this.you share very interesting news for everyone.

Dmitri Chavkerov on Thursday, February 06, 2014 1:13 AM
I love your blog about Texas real estate market because your information are very essential and useful for improve our real estate market.Outstanding job! Keep discussing such useful details through your weblogs.

ip3 plastics on Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:34 AM
Thanks for sharing this informative post about Texas Real Estate Market Headed. This is an amazing blog post. Thank you for the nice shearing keep it up and keep shearing.

adres on Wednesday, August 06, 2014 5:33 AM
the property occurs some people at this time. Community hall shouldn't be way too dark their formation in order that we could utilize them for a wonderful embellishment

Stock Cash Tips on Friday, August 08, 2014 5:04 AM
The housing market will continue its downward spiral and that means "Some people read what's going on around the country and say maybe this is not. There are plenty of markets that should be change according to their situation.thanks

www on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:21 PM
If you possess an opportunity, you have got to destination a fabulous window If you don't need to the ways to access the application, you need to compensate for a good artificial lighting