I have been an Interior Decorator for over 15 years and offer my services FREE to my clients. My services include Home Staging, custom drapes, custom floral arrangements, holiday decorating, room design and much more!
Keep checking back for weekly tips on DIY ideas for your home!
4 Ways to Help Tackle Clutter!
One of the most cost-effective ways to prepare a home for sale is to organize it, but I know for many home sellers it’s no easy task. It’s important to contain and, in fact, erase clutter for three reasons:
- Gain more square footage.
- Showcase the positive features in the home.
- Buyers can visualize living in the space.
Clutter comes in all different forms and it lingers in most homes. So if you see piles of paperwork, clothes on the floor, stuffed closets — it’s time to declutter! Here are some tips:
1. Start small. Organizing is an evolving process that changes as the needs of a home owner change. Start small: One room, one closet, one corner. Just start somewhere! To make it count, tackle the first cluttered area a home buyer would see as they walk into the home.
2. Schedule it. Many times a home owner never starts the decluttering process because of time constraints. Schedule blocks of time (2-4 hours) or even just 15 minutes a day depending on what needs to be organized to make your goal a reality.
3. Find a home. One reason why clutter can build up in a home is if an item is homeless. Creating a place for each item in your home is a crucial part to obtaining an organized home. Of course, keeping the space in order only happens when you return an item back to it’s home after use.
4. Adopt “good habits.” By always returning an item home, you’re building in a maintenance system in your organizing process. Another good habit to adopt is to take 5-10 minutes every night and put items away. This way when you wake up in the morning, the house is ready to show off
Glazed Ceramic Lamps! Finally!
Lamps have become such a fashion accessory for the home that they are considered the jewelry of the room. Don't be afraid to accessorize with different shapes and colored lamps in a room. It will add character and enhance the design you are trying to achieve.